Keyboard adventures

| | bookmark | email
My laptop doesn't have a right Control key. Even if this may seem not such a big problem, for me it is. I have instead 2 Win keys. So I have decided to change the right Win key to Control.
. Firstly, I have thought of using AutoHotKey as I am already using it for some other dirty nice stuff. The script looked pretty well imo: But after some testing I have found out that it is not correctly working (it seems it is emitting still another key event).
At this moment, I got back to Google and after looking for a couple of minutes I have reached this document from Microsoft. From the same page you will be able to download a document containing all the key codes too.
Following the document in a couple of minutes I got it working. Create a HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout registry key containing the needed mappings. Mine is: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 1D E0 5C E0 00 00 00 00.
Very neat! Yupee.