NoSQL: Neo4J Spatial and Gephi for Smart Data Analysis

| | bookmark | email

Neo4J Spatial and Gephi for Smart Data Analysis

As I often run the same course, it would be interesting to calculate my average pace at specific locations. When combining the data of all of my courses, I could deduct frequently encountered locations. Finally, could there be a correlation between my average pace and my distance from home? In order to come up with answers to these questions, I will import my running data into a Neo4J Spatial datastore. Neo4J Spatial extends the Neo4J Graph Database with the necessary tools and utilities to store and query spatial data in your graph models. For visualizing my running data, I will make use of Gephi, an open-source visualization and manipulation tool that allows users to interactively browse and explore graphs.

tags:neo4j,geo,gephi

via NoSQL databases