An Eclipse user in IDEA-land

| | bookmark | email | 3 comments
I am an Eclipse user for more than 3 years, but I find it interesting to have a look at the other approaches in the world of Java IDEs. This post is not meant to start once again the long and so useless discussion about which one is the best, but rather to ask questions about how to achieve some goals (and hopefully have some advanced users answer 'em [smile/]).
Since back in the days of Netbeans 3, I got used to define in my workspace projects that are related to my current work. For example, if my current work project is using WebWork than usually I will create a WebWork project. This will allow me to navigate through its sourcecode and also help me when debugging.
IntelliJ IDEA allows you to work with a project at a time. But it allows you to define more modules inside a project and as I found out groups of modules. And here is my first question:
Can I use modules to refere the external projects my current project is based on? Or in case this is a wrong approach from the perspective of IDEA than what is the way to define my project so that I can navigate the source code of the projects it depends on?
I will be very happy to hear how I can do this in the IDEA-way. Thanks in advance to everyone giving me hints.
Disclaimer: I have spent some time reading the IDEA help, but I haven't found references to this question. The approach I am describing above it's coming mainly from using the Eclipse workspace export plugin provided with IDEA.
Update: Scott posted the hint to succesfully see the dependency projects while debugging.
category: , ,