QS: Romania a $2bn Virtualization Market?

| | bookmark | email

Looks like I'm staying on the quest for strategy topic and asking the following question:

Is Romania a $2bn virtualization market?

The question was raised after reading an article published on Wall-Street.ro:

The virtualization market is estimated at $2bn in 2008 according to studies quoted by Sebastian Pascu, Red Hat Certified Engineer/Romsym Data

While I doubt the correctness of the above number, I think there are a couple of interesting questions I'd like to get answered:

  • Which are the largest data centers in Romania?
  • How many servers are hosted by governmental institutions?
  • What virtualization providers are present on the market?

If you have any answers to the above questions or you'd like to add some more please drop me a note.