JDocs Search with proxy

| | bookmark | email
I guess you all know that piece of gold on documentation called JDocs. I am not sure you know about JDocs Search Plugin, but if you use Eclipse and like to have JDocs search capabilities inside your IDE please go on and try it. The post was not meant to be an advertiser [smile/] - even if I feel it would, but it's a solver for a problem (fake problem) we had with the plugin. It seemed that the Eclipse Browser widget was not able to work behind a proxy. The author (Jozsa Kristof) investigated the problem and received an answer ("either use the browser's native proxy settings, or dunno") that triggered me the correct answer: on windows configure your IE (even if it is not your default browser, as is my case) to use the proxy. Than you will have a nice surprise: Eclipse Browser widget will start working and so you will have JDocs Search Plugin working from behind a proxy.