MBox and Google Desktop Search

| | bookmark | email
I will start by saying something similar to what Cedric said yesterday about Google Desktop Search: sorry to blog about it. I am only posting this to complain about the decision to scan only Outlook and Outlook Express mails. I am not very sure why this solution, but I must find a way to correct this (maybe at some later time the scanner will support this too). For the moment I think that the only solution is to copy mbox files - which are in fact plain text files (ehhh, with some formatting indeed) - under some name with txt extension. Than you will have Google Desktop Search indexing these files too. The next step will be to find a way to refer only the mail and not the entire file (a mbox file keeps all mails in a folder). If you feel like having any ideas just let me know - I really need this.